
College football officially kicked off this weekend and Carolyn was dressed (thanks, Gail!) and ready for her first Buckeye game. Auntie Courtie (we watched at her place since she has the Big Ten Network) got out mini-Brutus as a crawling target for tummy time. While no crawling ensued, Carolyn continues to enjoy being on her belly. She can hold head up for a good 10-15 seconds at a time. When she gets tired, she'll put it down to one side to rest and then picks it back up. If you give her an arm or hands to push her feet against she'll scoot along a little bit. After the game we went to my cousin Jackie's 4th birthday party. A great time was had by all, with one personal highlight. My cousins have a trampoline which I really wanted to try out the last time I was at there house, but, being seven months pregnant, I had to pass. This time, once all the little kids took a break, I jumped on. Surprisingly, I can still do my one trick, swivel hips, just like my friend Meg taught me in high school. Sorry for no photos of that, I doubt it was pretty to watch. We ended the day watchng the Illinois game at home (bed time caused us to miss the end). Carolyn was tired out and slept for seven hours straight, her longest stretch to date. She followed it up with six hours last night, so Desi and I are hopeful that this is the start of a trend.
i jumped on a trampoline with a 4 year old at a friend's house a few weeks back, with k and a (who love bouncing), and then carrying them around to make me extra heavy to bounce the 4 yo. no swivel hips, though, i haven't thought about those for years. good memories. :)
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness...look at those cheeks! SO kissable! :-) Brendy's were just like that from about 2-5 months and well, we know what Michael's look like even now! :-) Very cute!
ReplyDelete