Tuesday, January 13, 2009

What a week...and it's only Tuesday

Carolyn hit two huge milestones this week:

First, there was cereal.


On Saturday, Carolyn had her first taste of solid food, rice cereal. She barely consumed any of it on the first and second day, but yesterday she ate half and today she finished the entire tablespoon
.
Then, she surprised me last night by rolling onto her tummy for the first time.

She was asleep for about two hours, when, all of a sudden, she started crying. A glance at the baby monitor (btw-I highly recommend the video baby monitor!) showed what happened. (this wasn't a huge surprise because she has been rolling onto her side a lot lately and just couldn't seem to figure out what to do with her arm until now). I watched her for a minute to see if she would roll back, but she didn't, so I went up and helped her. She repeated the feat when she woke up this morning and when I put her down to sleep tonight. Hopefully, she'll soon remember that she knows how to roll back onto her back on her own.

No comments:

Post a Comment