Monday, February 16, 2009

Green beans. Yummy?

Cereal eating has been going extremely well for the last few weeks, so last Wednesday it was time to introduce vegetables. I went with green beans which may have been a bad idea since Desi and I both dislike them (unless covered with french fried onions in casserole form).
We went from "Green stuff? Okay, I'll try it." to "Mommy, what did you just feed me?" to

"What were you thinking? I thought you loved me! Nice try, attempting to cover it up with a quick bite of cereal. I'm still going to spit this nastiness out and cry hysterically."

I am happy to report that after eating a green bean/cereal mixture on days two and three, she has warmed up to eating them straight.
Next up: peas.

2 comments:

  1. What a cutie!? I love the face she made!! You're brave to start with the green stuff! I think we started with sweet potatoes...basically the dessert of vegetables (but also b/c it was way easier to make myself than green beans and peas!)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girls are in LOVE with Carolyn's picture when she spit out her food - they love telling me the story of how she spit out her food because it was yucky (though Kara tells me it was really yummy), got a tear, and needs her mama to give her a hug (and wash her off). They've stared at it for a long time today, since they keep asking to. :) Not sure if you saw my post about how they focus on the negative, but well, here's another example!

    ReplyDelete