Wednesday, May 5, 2010

James David Sendaydiego

We finally went to bed around 1:30 on Saturday morning after Uncle Chuckie caught us up on the must-see recent episodes of South Park ("Mimzy!!!"). At 3:30 I woke up to my first contraction. They were 2-4 minutes apart from the start so I called my doctor and we were at the hospital a few minute after 5. I was admitted right away, but a lot of other people in the area decided to go into labor before me and all of the Labor and Delivery rooms were full so we had to hang out in the preliminary exam room for a bit. Just as I was fearing that I would have to give birth in there, they informed us that they were finished cleaning a room and we could move. I had contemplated going drug free, but as the contractions started to get worse, I decided to opt for the epidural. A little after 7, I called the nurse in because I was feeling some pressure and thought the epidural wasn't working. Instead, it was time to push. My first push was at 7:25 and six minutes later, little James was here.

No comments:

Post a Comment