Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Long and lean

Today Carolyn had her 1 year check-up. She continues to have long and very lean stats: Height 29.5 in (65%), Weight 17 lb 11 oz (5-10%) and head circumference 44.5 cm (25-50%). As I've mentioned before, she eats like crazy, and since she grew three inches in the last three months, we aren't worried about her weight. When I told the doctor that Carolyn isn't enjoying regular milk, she suggested that I flavor it. So in went the chocolate syrup at dinner. Not surprisingly, Carolyn downed 2 sippy cups worth.

Slightly blurry striking a pose at library class this morning. This was the last class of the summer session and it was nice to have her Daddy there for a second time. It starts back up in October.

After hearing rave reviews from Auntie Carrie about her Ergo carrier, we decided to get one for our upcoming vacation (since she can't ride on our back in the Baby Bjorn). We did some practicing today with our walk to and from the library. She seemed to enjoy herself and was chatting up a storm the entire trip.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you guys like the Ergo! Sounds like Carolyn does...I think you will get a lot more use out of it than one of those hiking frame carriers. And, I'm surprised that the doctor recommended the flavoring...I guess whatever works, huh?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't believe she's only 5ish pounds heavier than alden! she's a peanut and he's a behemoth. re: milk...i did breastmilk in a cup for a while to get them used to drinking milk from a cup, and we still do chocolate milk (even with chocolate they drink max 8 oz a day). i make my own hot chocolate so i can control the sugar - a little less than 1/2 T sugar and 1/2 T cocoa plus 2 T water, heated up for 10s or so, makes enough for about a cup of milk. our doctor suggested quik or ovaltine or something that has added vitamins as another option.

    ReplyDelete