Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Things she loves: 1 year edition

Cooking. She received this kitchen as a birthday gift and loves it, particularly the utensils. She carries the spatula and fork all around the house.


Other babies. Several of my friends have had babies in the last few months (including three in the last two weeks) and Carolyn gets really excited when we look at their pictures on my phone and when she sees babies whereever we go. This is her with her buddy James at her birthday party.



at the zoo celebrating Mommy's bday

Food. Carolyn has always been a good eater and, thankfully, she is making the transition from mushy baby food to table food extremely well. This process has been aided by the arrival of three new teeth (her right front tooth and the two teeth to the right of it). Her current favorite is chicken strips. She also loves grilled cheese, bread, pasta and, of course, Cheerios. For a few weeks she would even eat her peas and green beans, but now realizes that other foods are much better. I sneak in a few mouthfuls of mushed ones at most meals so that she is still getting her veggies. The only icky side effect of all this food is when she decides she doesn't want a Cheerio or Goldfish, takes it out of her mouth and puts it directly into mine. Next up: weaning.

Silliness/sharing. Carolyn's new favorite game started off as a love of sharing. She would pick up a block or bear and hand it to me to play with (though would want it returned promptly). Now she overs it to me, but, just before I can grab it, pulls it away, laughing hysterically. She'll do this over and over and over again with it getting funnier each time. (I accidentally dropped the camera (I had the wrist strap on so there was no damage), but I missed so of the action.

No comments:

Post a Comment