Clingmans Dome is the highest point in Tennessee and was our destination early on Wednesday morning. Even though it was a clear day at the bottom of the mountains, we knew we couldn't be sure that would be the case at 6,643. Sure enough, our hike to the top was through the clouds (and Carolyn and I had wet hair by the time we reached the top), but it was still worth it.
P.S. Dad- Sorry for making fun of you when I was little for you not wanting to go up the tower to the top. The heights were much scarier as an adult carrying a toddler than I remembered as a 10-ish-year-old:)
Desi and James disappearing ahead on the path.

Carolyn preferred to walk on the grass and rocks than on the path.

James and our first snow sighting of the winter.
Carolyn at the top.
The first three stamps in our National Park Passport.




No comments:
Post a Comment