Saturday, July 30, 2016

SF Day three (part one): Muir Woods

When I first told my dad about our trip he said that we had to go to Muir Woods.  I am so glad that we listened because it was amazing.  We read in advance all about the limited parking so we were up early and headed off hoping to find a place to drive through for breakfast along the way. I don't know if  it was California zoning or just the neighborhoods we drove through, but no such options presented itself.  I ended up telling the kids they could have chocolate for breakfast since I knew Ghirardelli bars were sold in all of the gift shops.   We snagged one of the last spots in the parking lot and we headed to the gift shop.  We stamped our National Parks passport and looked around for food options only to find candy bars.  We mentioned to the cashier that it would be nice if they sold coffee and she informed us of the cafe just a little way ahead on the trail.  After bagels, muffins and coffee we were ready to hike without (many) complaints. We made it to the first bridge (the shortest of the trails), watched a crawfish swim around carrying a napkin and chatted with a ranger about some of the wildlife in the area.  We hope to make it back one day to see more! Thanks for the tip Papa Dave! On the way back to the hotel we mapped a route that satisfied our In 'N Out needs.























No comments:

Post a Comment